The purpose of this method, whose name may or may not have been invented by the homonymous American company, is to highlight the lessons learnt and possibilities that arise from a meeting, training session, project or even a short encounter.
Time needed: 15 to 30 minutes
- Something to write with for each individual
- That’s it!
- Instruct the group to reflect individually on the following questions for the next 10 minutes (in this order):
- What have I learnt?
- What’s missing?
- What do I want to share? With who?
- What burning questions do I have?
- Give them time to answer each question in their heads.
- Next ask if anyone wants to share any insights from their “motorola”.
- Depending on how much time you have, you can ask the group to share their thoughts in pairs before sharing with the whole group.
- You can also skip the sharing stage and use this time as individual introspective time.
- Or, depending on the scenario, you could take the sharing part further and turn it into a reflection on what actions need to be implemented going forward.